We are all well aware of the fact that the consumption of alcohol in excessive amounts, affects both your physical and mental health. It is especially harmful for the brain and liver.
But when it comes to beer, it has been scientifically proven that drinking one glass of beer in a day, can have a good influence on your health. Beer contains high levels of vitamin B and protein. It has the same amount of potent antioxidants as wine. It also contains minerals which are necessary for various metabolic processes.
Here you have a list of 10 reasons why beer is so beneficial when consumed moderately:
- Beer brings down the bad cholesterol, because it is a high source of fiber.
- Many studies have shown that helps in the prevention of blood clots.
- Beer protects the health of your kidneys. By drinking beer on a daily basis, the risk of formation of kidney stones is significantly reduced.
- Beer strengthens your bone structure due to the high silicon content.
- It contains plenty of B vitamins such as: B1, B2, B6, and B12.
- Beer significantly reduces the risk of suffering a heart attack. Scientific studies have shown that people who often drink beer, are less prone to heart disorders as opposed to people who don’t drink beer.
- Since beer contains lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, it means that the quality of your sleeping will be considerably improved.
- Beer improves your brain power. Beer drinkers have lowered chances of developing mental disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Its vitamins regenerate your skin and make it softer and smoother.
- Beer reduces the levels of stress. The results of a study conducted at the University of Montreal showed that drinking two glasses of beer on a daily basis, has a calming effect and reduces anxiety.