CNN Is Warning Us: We Should Not Eat This Food Because It May Bring Dangerous Worms in the Body!

CNN states that one type of meat contains the tapeworm Spirometra erinaceieuropaei and it can cause Sparganosis, which is a dangerous parasitic infection.

CNN’s website published a story of a man who was infected with this tapeworm after traveling to Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and China. In the beginning, he was facing problems with chronic headaches and hid doctor prescribed him a therapy. But, the therapy didn’t bring any positive results.

So, in order to find out the main reason behind his continuous headaches, he underwent an MRI which discovered a tapeworm living inside his brain tissue. Experts confirmed that the tapeworm might have been living there for a period of about 4 years.

Consumption of pork meat of the most common way to get infected with this parasite. Taenia Solium is a species present in pork meat and people can get infected in two ways. One way is through consumption of pork meat from infected pigs.

This often results in an adult worm in the intestines of the pig which can affect the human brain known as Taeniasis. The second way is through direct contact with feces from humans or infected pigs in the form of larvae. This has a negative effect on the body tissues.

To be precise, if the larvae enter the nervous system, they may cause a serious infection of the brain- neurocysticercosis. Moreover, if the worm invades the brain, it can cause epilepsy.

In Asian countries, according to the WHO, every third person who suffer from epilepsy was previously infected with neurocysticercosis.

5 Replies to “CNN Is Warning Us: We Should Not Eat This Food Because It May Bring Dangerous Worms in the Body!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Pin It on Pinterest