Even though they have been existing for ages, still many people haven’t heard about this amazing seeds yet. The historical records reveal that Aztecs were the ones who mentioned chia seeds for the first time. This food was part of their traditional medicine and religious rituals.
This seed is a high source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It revitalizes your skin, burns fat, improves digestion, and boosts your energy. Hence, nutritionists highly recommend it to everyone, especially to athletes.
The chia seeds have high nutritive value, so if you include them in your daily diet, you will significantly lower the risk of colon cancer.
We give you 13 strong reasons to start consuming chia seeds every day:
- First of all, they are gluten-free.
- These seeds are a great substitution to eggs. Just mix them with water to make a gel. Then, add it to a variety of recipes.
- Since they are high-fiber food, help with treating digestive disorders.
- Its 20% of omega-3 fatty acids make this food one of the most beneficial for proper functioning of your brain and heart. It boosts your brain power and protects the health of your heart.
- They also contain high concentration of protein.
- They revitalize your skin, nails, and hair.
- Interestingly enough, they contain 3 times more iron than spinach.
- Chia seeds are exceptionally powerful antioxidants. Additionally, they have 4 times more antioxidants than blueberries.
- Oranges have 7 times less vitamin C than chia seeds.
- They regulate the blood sugar levels, so they are suitable for people diagnosed with diabetes.
- As it was mentioned previously, they contain amino acids, but did you know that they contain 8 types of amino acids?
- If you thought that milk is the food highest in calcium, you thought wrong. Chia seeds contain 5 times more calcium than milk.
- Also, chia seeds contain twice more potassium than bananas.
Experts recommend you taking one tablespoon of chia seeds every day. As they are high in fiber, drink plenty of water. They have mild taste, so you can add them to your favorite smoothie or to your salad. Here’s another interesting idea: Add them to the dough for muffins and bread to make them taste better.
Extra tips: Soak the seeds in water for 15 minutes. They will grow 20 times bigger than their original size. In this way, the seeds will keep you fuller longer, hence keeping your slim figure.
In order to prepare a tasty dessert, mix them with pineapples, almonds, or coconut oil.